The Day School will enroll children at registration and throughout the year until there are no longer spaces available in the age group. When there are no longer spaces available, a waiting list for the school year will begin. Once an opening becomes available, the waiting list is reviewed. Prospective enrollees will be contacted based on the available space (FT/PT), priority status and in the order (date) they appear on the waiting list.
The waiting list is good for the spaces that open during the calendar year when you submitted your application. The deadline to put your child on a waiting list for the current school year is December 31. Applications will not be accepted between each January – February, to prepare for the new school year’s registration. A new waiting list for the upcoming year will be started after registration (February) when there are no longer spaces available.
Important information regarding our waiting list process:
- The cost to place your child on a waiting list is a non-refunded fee of $25.00/per child/per list.
- Class assignments are based on the child’s age on September 1st. Children are assigned a classroom/teacher for the school year. Children move up to the next age group at the start of the following school year, not on their birthday.
- Please note that a due date is required for all unborn children.
- Parents may put their child on a part-time (PT) waiting list, a full-time (FT) waiting list or both. Please make sure to indicate which list(s) you are interested in and include payment for each list and each child.
- Parents who place a baby on the waiting list and then later learn of a multiple birth will be able to add the additional baby (babies) to the waiting list directly after the first baby listed (you must notify the Day School of a multiple birth as soon as you can). Parents with twins are given the option to hold their place in line on the waiting list until two spots in the same age group become available.
- Once the parent is notified of an available space, acceptance and registration forms and fees must be received within 5 business days. If a parent declines the space, the child’s name will be marked off the list. If parent wishes for their child to stay on the waiting list, a new form and fee will be required. Once a new form and fee are received, the child will be placed back on the waiting list at the bottom of the list.
- If parent(s) fail to respond to our communications or fail to attend the registration sessions listed above, we will assume that you are no longer interested and your child’s name will be marked off the waiting list.
- Upon acceptance in the Day School, you agree to the Day School’s policies, including but not limited to the tuition policy. Tuition is required regardless of attendance. Tuition is due by the 10th of each month.
Upon acceptance into the program, the following must be completed for admission:
- LMPC Day School’s Registration Form
- SC Certificate of Immunization (DHEC# 2740A)
- SC General Record and Statement of Child’s Health (DSS #2900)
- Pick-Up Authorization Form
- Non-refundable Registration Fee